Swimming is an all year round past-time thanks to our climate, heated pools and indoor swimming centres. Never before has it been so important to have the 'right' swimsuit! One-piece, bikini, tankini? To help you make a decision here are some tips from designers in the fashion industry.
Swimwear knows no bounds when it comes to cut and colour these days with beautiful one-piece swimsuits making their way back into swimwear collections. High necklines are the latest trend. Monochrome featured heavily in fashion and this trend has carried over into swimwear, usually seen in geometric patterns. Black-and-white is elegant and timeless. A boy-leg cut or skirt is great for someone who wants a mini short style leg.
Mix & Match Tips: The two-piece is still the most popular swimsuit with cover-ups and sarongs finishing the look.
In order to make your mix of styles smashing not clashing Anita have put together a small guideline on how to put together a perfect beach outfit:
- Mixing different styles of bottoms or tops is not a problem, e.g. a bandeau top together with a hipster bottom, or balconette bikini and side tie bottom, etc.
- Any uni colours can be worn together– no matter which shade or intensity, e.g. pink and petrol, black and blue, red and yellow, etc.
- Prints should only be paired with single-coloured items. For best results the block colour should be found within the print.
- Pattern Mix? No problem! Keep an eye on combining patterns consisting of similar colours. For example: mixing dots and stripes, stars and flowers, etc.
- Print and print works well together if one of the patterns features a small print while the other piece shows a larger one. E.g: large flower print and small polka dots.
- The different parts should be using the same quality and materials: combine shimmering styles and matte styles separately from each other.
The latest fashions arrive in store all year round. Be sure to check out our website to see the latest available in mastectomy swimwear from Anita, Amoena, Sunflair, Sunmarin, Silima and Nicola Jane.