Bra Band International Size Conversion
Bra Cup International Size Conversion
At Erilan I want you to find the perfect bra for all your lingerie needs and we understand that wearing the correct bra size is of the utmost importance.
I believe your right bra size can be found by using the current size you are wearing and how this bra fits and it is not always necessary to get out the tape measure and pen. Below are some important points to remember when finding your bra size.
- 1. If you wear a prosthesis it is important that the bra is supporting your natural breast. Do not gauge the fitting of a bra on how your prosthesis fits as this maybe different to you natural breast if you have lost or put on weight.
- 2. The band of your bra should fit snugly around the narrowest part of your back and be the same height all the way round.
- 3. The bra should be close to the body at the front and sit evenly in the middle
- 4. Your breasts should be enclosed in the cup with no wrinkling of the fabric.
- 5. Your breasts should not bulge over the top or side of the cup.
- 6. You can run two fingers under the band.
- 7. Always start on the loosest hook. This way you can tighten it up as the bra stretches, giving you more wear.
- 8. If you wear a prosthesis check that it is in the right position and is completely covered by the cup.
Here are some of the most common problems and how to remedy them:
Bra rides up at the back or moves around
Your band size may be too big. Try lifting your arms up to see if the band is tight enough. If it is riding up try going down a band size e.g. 14 to a 12. To keep the cup size the same you must go up a cup size e.g. 14C = 12D.
Band digs in around body or the band is overstretched
The band is too tight so try a bigger band size e.g. 12 to a 14. To keep the cup size the same you must go down a cup size e.g. 12C = 14B.
Shoulder straps are digging in
You may need to loosen the straps. If this does not work it maybe that the underband is too big and the straps are giving you most of the support. The underband acts as 80% of the bra’s support so try going down a band size e.g. 18 to a 16.
Straps slip off
The straps need to be adjusted so they are a tighter fit. For more support you may need to try a bra with wider straps.
Your breasts are bulging out the top or sides of the cup
The cup size is too small. Try a larger cup size e.g. B to a C cup.
The fabric is wrinkling on the cups
The cup is too big. Make sure you lift your bust into the bra. If the fabric still wrinkles try going down a cup size e.g. D to a C cup.
The prosthesis is moving to one side
The most common problem is the band is too big. Try a smaller band size. If the problem persists it maybe that the prosthesis is too light and you need to try a slightly heavier style.
When ordering a breast form (prosthesis), simply enter your current bra size into the 'bra size' box directly above the 'Add to Cart' button. We will use this information to match the correctly sized breast form, giving you peace of mind and saving you from extra hassle.
1. Measure directly under your bust with your bra on. Take it to the nearest 5cm. This is measurement A.
- 70 cm = Bra size 10
- 75 cm = Bra size 12
- 80 cm = Bra size 14
- 85 cm = Bra size 16
- 90 cm = Bra size 18
- 95 cm = Bra size 10
- 100cm = Bra size 22
- 105cm = Bra size 24
2. Measure from the sternum to the spine across the fullest part of your breast and multiply by two. Take it to the nearest 5 cm. This is measurement B.
3. Now take measurement A from measurement B to obtain the cup size.
- A difference of 13 cm needs an A cup
- A difference of 15 cm needs an B cup
- A difference of 17 cm needs an C cup
- A difference of 19 cm needs an D cup
- A difference of 21 cm needs an DD cup
- A difference of 23 cm needs an E cup
- A difference of 25 cm needs an F cup
- A difference of 27 cm needs an G cup
e.g. If your under bust measurement was 85cm (measurement A) you would be bra size 16. If your over the bust measurement (measurement B) was 100 cm, you would take 85cm away from 100 cm (measurement B – measurement A) to get 15cm. This means B cup. So your bra size would be 16B.